When you are charged with violating the law, your future is on the line. Having the right attorney can make the difference between taking control of your case and letting the case control your life. The law is complicated, the process is confusing and the consequences can be serious. At Rioux, Donahue, Chmelecki & Peltier, we handle defense of all criminal and civil violations of law from traffic tickets to homicide.
All of our attorneys handle adult criminal defense matters in State Court. Attorney Luke Rioux handles criminal defense cases exclusively. He is also a member of the Portland Maine Federal Court’s Criminal Justice Act defense attorney panel. That’s a long way of saying that he defends Federal criminal cases as well. You can click here to see Attorney Rioux’s separate website devoted to criminal defense in Maine.
Some of the matters we commonly handle include:
- DUI, OUI, Operating Under the Influence
- OAS, Operating after suspension
- Operating after habitual offender revocation
- Domestic Violence Assault
- Drug Possession
- Drug Trafficking
- Aggravated Drug Trafficking
- Federal Criminal Defense
- Speeding or Traffic tickets
For more general information about Maine’s criminal process you can review these articles:
- How does Bail in Maine work?
- How does Maine’s Criminal Law work?
- Criminal sentencing in Maine explained.
- How is the Portland Maine district attorney’s office organized?
- Criminal cases with out-of-state defendants.
- Maine’s extradition process
Initial consultations on all cases are always free. Call 207-358-4909 to discuss the details and how we can help.